Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pork Crown Roast cooking instructions


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Season your roast. Now is a good time to stuff it as well. Pork is complimented by stuffing that tends to be fruity or sweet. The most popular stuffing for pork and turkey at the market is an apple almond mix.

Take a piece of foil and cover the exposed bones. This will keep them from burning or drying out during the cooking process.

Place the crown in a pan and put it in the oven.

Cooking should take approximately 2-2.5 for an unstuffed roast. Stuffed crowns will take 2.5-3 hours time.

Remove the roast and cut any strings that may be holding it together.

Place the booties on top of the ribs. These are used to grab your piece of the roast without getting your fingers dirty.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Trav, you make this sound so easy! The problem for me...I couldn't even tell you what a pork crown roast would look like to purchase. Can you help the non-domestics, like me, by posting pictures?

The Butcher Block said...

Susie, cooking meat is easy.

Next time I make a crown roast, you will get some pictures.

Susie said...

Thanks, Trav!!

Brian P said...

Where can I purchase these "booties" for the crown roast of prok? I am having a lot of trouble finding them.

Brian P said...

My local store dont seem to have them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails